Friday 11 September 2015

the end of an age

It feels like i have been in America for an age. But it has only been a few months. And now it is time to leave. I fly to Fiji tomorrow for part 2 of my adventure. I have uploaded pictures from my trip to my facebook page because my tablet seems to have decided that the pictures i take on my tablet are not actually pictures, so i cant upload them. Clever 'eh?! So if you want to see what it all looked like, go to my facebook page!

And what an adventure is has been!

It looks a little something like this;
Newark, New Jersey - Lake Morey, Vermont 317 miles
to Milford, Massachusettes 172 miles
to Bethesda, Maryland 418 miles
to Chesapeake Beach, via Washington DC 44 miles
to Virginia 67 miles
to Knoxville, Tennessee 473 miles
to Nashville 180 miles
to Memphis 212 miles
to Oklahoma City 476 miles
to Albuquerque, New Mexico 541 miles
to the Grand Canyon National Park 394 miles
to Phoenix, Arizona 323 miles
to Los Angeles 101 miles

And that comes to somewhere around 3718 miles. Not including the travelling to cities where I just spent the day, Anapolis, Boston, Baltimore and Flagstaff. And my flight here was another 3452 miles. So i guess, what you can take from that is that I am a long way from home!

I've done so many things I thought I never would.
I've survived a camp load of kids with boundless energy. I've slept outside in the wilderness with the star as my blanket. I've swam in the lake in the moonlight. I've driven the whole way across the country, without once going to a fast food place. And on that note I've eaten a lot of mexican food, a lot of breakfast burritos, eggs and tofu! I've attempted to help build a 50ft monolithic cement dome. I've hiked down into the Grand Canyon. I've survived LA without a car,  a phone, wifi or another human being. And I've met some of the most beautiful people that are in this world. And been endlessly amazed at their kindness and generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment