Friday 2 October 2015

Sunshine Coast

G'day from the Sunshine Coast of Australia!

After a slightly dubious night at Nadi Airport in Fiji I boarded a time traveling plane and headed to Australia. I gained 2 hours and am now 9 ahead of the UK - that was good because I had chance to sleep - you don't get much on a floor in the corner of a foreign airport...

My wonderful cousin Saffron and second cousin (?) Sofia met me and took me back to their beautiful house in Alexandra where I met the gorgeous Oscar. I have my own room with a proper bed, a power shower and a washing machine - I've never felt so clean!!

It is great to spend time with Saff and Sofia. They moved here from England years ago. And I've seen them maybe twice since. But they are so much fun! I've been shopping with Sofia and latin dancing with Saff and we've climbed mountains together.



It's a 5 minute walk to the beach, less if you take a bike with the clever board racks! The surf here is great, the sun is always shining, I'm in heaven! I've been given free reign to the supplies in the garage and I've been using them well...


I've been to a pottery class, with my aunt Lindi. Saffron took me to the incredible Eumundi Market (I now have to learn to cook Tibetan Momo!). Houses in the trees, cocktails at Noosa, countless beaches, mountains and fish and chips.  Claire, my cousin from my dad's other brother has also just moved to Australia, to the Gold Coast, and she and her boyfriend Matt came up to say hi. 

There's so much to do here. Surfing and spending the day on the beach, reading and topping up the tan. Making sand castles too, though this one wasn't made by me...

The Sunshine Coast is full of birds. Ibis and Egrets roam the beach fronts, and bush turkeys are everywhere! The trees are full of parrots and lorakeets, and huge pelicans sit in the waters waiting for their next catch.




 In short, Sunshine Coast is amazing. And I'd very much like to stay here!


No comments:

Post a Comment